1) Do not need to jailbreak
2) can be used with any device
3) Easy upload to YouTube
In this post I will walk you how to get set up with iTools, and walk you through the creation process from installing the software to publishing your video on YouTube
- Get a computer. Any kind is fine as long as it has USB
- Install iTools. The official website is here, but I've always had problems installing it from there so I usually Google "iTools", and install it from a place like Cnet. At the time I am writing this, the link to iTools on Cnet is http://download.cnet.com/iTools/3000-18546_4-75629761.html
- Extract the zip file to a location that you are going to run it from. The program doesn't install, you just run the .exe that is in the zip file
- Open up iTools, and you will see that it asks you to connect your iDevice to the comptuer through USB
- Use your USB charging cable to connect your iDevice to your computer, and iTools will see that you have connected your device. Note on the picture below that my device has not been jailbroken.
- On the left side click Desktop
- On the top click the Live Desktop tab
- Click the Record button
- Click the ... button
- Browse to the place you will be saving your movie to
- Type in the name of the movie, adding .avi to the end of the file name
- Click Confirm
- Click the stop button when you are done recording
- Hit the Esc key on your keyboard to exit full screen mode.
- Go to http://www.youtube.com
- If you don't already have a YouTube acount, create one. If you do, sign into your account
- Click the Upload button in the top middle of your browser
- Either click in the middle of the window, or drag your movie from your computer into the middle of your window to start uploading.
- Type in the video information while it is uploading, and click Publish when you are done
- Click on the link to see your video
- Have YouTube automatically enhance your video by clicking on the Preview button below your video
- Click "Yes Save Changes"
- After it is done processing, add music to your video by clicking on the video manager button below your video.
- Click the Edit button next to your video
- Click on the Audio tab at the top middle of the window. If you do not see this tab, wait until your video is done processing. The audio tab is hidden while your video is procesing.
- Choose an audio track from the list on the right
- Click the Save button a the top right
- Click OK on the popup