This is a guide on how to apply to be a beta tester for Celtic Heroes.
When new content is about to be released for Celtic Heroes, there will be a beta test before it is released to everyone. To join the beta test, you need to fill out an application.
The applications for beta testing will be announced on the forums, with a post from Community that has a link to a site with an application form.
The application form will ask you standard questions like:
- What is your forum name?
- What world do you play on?
- What is the email address of your Apple ID?
- What are your character names/levels?
- How much time can you devote to testing per week?
- And the most important question: why do you feel you should be a beta tester?
For selecting a beta tester we need someone who is active in the game and also on the forums, and willing to post feedback and bugs they find. So factors we will take into account for update 3 will be; how long a person has been playing the game, how much play time they have had, what variety of characters they have played, how many posts on the forum have they made, and what were the posts about etc.So when you are writing your paragraph on why you feel you should be a beta tester, there are a few things, in my opinion that you should highlight:
1) Show you know Celtic Heroes, and other MMORPGsTell OTM how long you have been playing Celtic heroes, and what classes you have tried, as well as what levels you have attained. Were you a clan chief? Tell them! Did you come up with your clan's strategy on how to defeat the Necromancer? Tell them! Did you beta test for Celtic Heroes before? Tell them! Let OTM know about characteristics that make you stand out from the crowd.
You should also tell about other video games and MMORPGs that you have played. Having experience in other games will help generate ideas that will help Celtic Heroes. If you were an active player in other games (World of Warcraft, Runescape, etc.) let them know! Did you beta test any other video games? Let them know!
2) Be an active forum posterIt is important to be active on the forums, so that OTM can see that you are able to communicate well via this medium. All bug reporting is done through the forums, so it is important for you to show that you have a history of submitting quality posts. I say "quality posts" because they will not take into account if you have a history of submitting one word posts to boost your post count. "+1" and "lol" will increase your number of posts, but it will not increase your chances of being accepted into beta testing.
It is also important to be an active poster in the Feedback and Suggestions section of the forums. Posting there often will show that you have a desire to make the game better, and the intelligence to think of better ways of doing things. If the majority of your posts are misspelled rage posts in the "Rants" section of the forums, it will not look as good as if you have regular, well thought out posts in other areas.
3) Show off your intelligenceBeing able to catch bugs means that you need to be smart, and you need to be able to logically think through a problem. OTM doesn't ask for this, but I feel that it is important to include your highest level of education in your application. Being a beta tester means that:
- You need to be able to solve logic problems
- You need to communicate effectively and concisely
- How long you have been playing Celtic Heroes.
- Character names, levels, and world(s).
- Forum name, making sure that you have a history of regular, quality posts.
- Things you have done in Celtic Heroes that might make you stand out from other people.
- Other video games/MMORPGs that you have played or beta tested.
- Your real life educational history that shows you are able to write well, and logically solve problems.
Do I need iOS 8 to apply for beta?
Yes, your device needs to be updated to at least iOS 8.
What are the terms and conditions for applying to the beta test?
This is a example of what you may expect for the terms and conditions. This may change for future beta tests.
Will OTM share any of the information that I submitted to them in the beta application?
Does OTM only choose people who have been in beta before to be beta testers?
Any player has a chance to be chosen to help with beta testing
I installed Testflight, but the beta build is not there! What do I do?
One of three things is happening:
- You didn't accept the invitation in the email that OTM sent you - find the email and click the link
- You are signed in with the wrong Apple ID - Go to the iTunes store, scroll down to the bottom, and sign in with the correct Apple ID.
- OTM is currently updating the build - While OTM is updating the build, the old one will not be visible for new users. just be patient and check the forums while it is updating. It will eventually be there.
Can I share beta information with people not in beta testing?
- Closed Beta Test: No. Sharing information from beta will get you removed from beta testing and will get you banned from future beta tests.
- Open Beta Test/Android Beta Test: Yes. Since the beta test is open to all, you are encouraged to share screenshots and videos.