This is a complete guide on how to kill Mordris, along with strategies and descriptions.
DescriptionMordris is a level 190/6* red dragon boss that drops end game drops of weapons, bracelets, and rings. Mordris is in the furthest South cave of Carrowmore Tunnels, and is surrounded by 4 troll Deepfire Sentinels, and one druid add named Priestess of the Morrigan.
Mordris is also known as Mordy or Mord.
Respawn is 2-4 days.
LocationMordris is in the furthest South cave of Carrowmore Tunnels
- Fingal's Bane - Mordris skill, negated by Fingal's Shield
- Chaos Rend - Mordris only, 2500 chaos damage skill
- Aura of Terror - Lower attack in area
- Tearing Claws - Dragon single target reduce max hp.
- Dragon Fire - Deals fire damage + incinerate
- Inferno - Mordris super area attack (10,000 fire damage)
- Cloak of Chaos - Mordris damage shield, used when on low health.
- Stunning Blow - Mordris Troll add stun
- Chaotic Rampage - Chaos AoE (6k dmg)
- Blessing of the Morrigan - Area heal for 10k
- Chaotic Touch - Mordris add emergency heal for 50k
- Shroud of the Raven - Area poison damage
- Chaos Storm - Chaos area skill
- Curse of Chains - Reduce melee speed
- Armour of Bark - Armour boost skill
- Curse of Roots - Grasping roots skill
- Curse of Insects - AoE magic DoT
Fingal's BaneMordris casts a skill that is a powerful AoE chaos attack called Fingal's Bane. This can be completely negated by wearing full Dragonlord armor, which grants you the status Fingal's Shield. The Exalted Dragonlord Armor set will also block Fingal's Bane.
StrategyThere are many strategies for killing Mordris. This is the one that we came up with on Arawn that works best for us. This strategy requires approximately 35-40 people. Everyone should ideally be wearing full Dragonlord, or Exalted Dragonlord Armor to negate Fingal's Bane.
- There are three types of groups: tank group, DPS groups, and one group to clear regular troll and wyrm adds.
- The add clearing group can be made up of lower level characters without full DL armor, and one druid. They kill adds for the entire fight and stay away from Mordris.
- Mordris always drops two rings per fight
- You can equip more than one of the same ring at a time.
- Each ring grants a bonus to two skills.
- Rings are Bind on Equip
|Level Req||Skill Bonus|
|Abyssal Ring of||Class||Skill #1||Skill #2|
|GUARDING||Warrior||Shield Bash||Defensive Formation|
|KNIGHTHOOD||Warrior||Protective Stance||Giant Swing|
|SHIELDS||Warrior||Shield Bash||Shield Wall|
|DEFENDERS||Warrior||Protective Stance||Defensive Formation|
|VAMPIRISM||Rogue||Fast Reflexes||Life Steal|
|SABOTAGE||Rogue||Smoke Bomb||Expose Weakness|
|FORTIFICATION||Ranger||Defensive Spikes||Sharpen Weapons|
|SHARPSHOOTING||Ranger||Sharp Shot||Rapid Shot|
|VIGILANCE||Ranger||Steady Aim||Sharpen Weapons|
|BURNING||Mage||Cloak of Fire||Incinerate|
|GLACIAL STORMS||Mage||Ice Shards||Freeze|
|DESTRUCTION||Mage||Fire Storm||Ice Blast|
|LINGERING COLD||Mage||Energy Shield||Frostbite|
|CURSES||Mage||Lure of Fire||Lure of Ice|
|TEMPESTS||Druid||Howling Wind||Lightning Strike|
|INVIGORATION||Druid||Natures Breath||Abundant Aura|
|BLESSINGS||Druid||Shield of Bark||Bless|
|ENSNARING||Druid||Strangling Vines||Energy Harvest|
|ROOTS||Druid||Strangling Vines||Grasping Roots|
|REVIVAL||Druid||Natures Touch||Spring of Life|
|HEALING||Druid||Natures Touch||Natures Breath|
- Mordris was added in a patch shortly after the Dragonfire Update (update 4)
- The first clan to kill Mordris was Revenge on Rosmerta. They decided not to show any screenshots or tell people how it was done because of the hate they got from other clans after they were the first to kill Hrungnir. This caused an uproar on the forums. http://celtic-heroes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=44231