This is a guide detailing all the ins and outs of cooking. This will get you started cooking and familiarized with all the NPCs.
What is it?
- Cooking is the new skill introduced in the Celtic Heroes Food of the Gods update on November 7, 2017.
- This skill allows you to cook food that, when eaten, instantly replenishes health, energy, or offers a stat boost (examples: damage boost, stat boost, hp/energy regen).
- As you cook higher level recipes, the food you cook will give more of a bonus.
- Food that gives a stat bonus lasts for 5 minutes, and the effects are cancelled upon death.
Is there a Leveling Guide?Yes there is! Click here to see a complete leveling guide from level 1 to 170, which takes you to the end of the cooking quest chain.
The Ability Bar Explained
The cooking ability bar has 3 sections
|What is it?||What does it let you do?||How do you increase it?|
|Cooking Lvl||The level of experience you have in cooking||Cook higher level food.||Successfully cook food. Do not burn it.|
|Proficiency||The amount of ability you have in cooking food||Not burn food as often.||Successfully cook food. Do not burn it.|
|Mastery||A critical success in cooking||Cook exquisite food more often.||Cook exquisite food.|
- Using a Knowledge elixir will make you gain Cooking XP faster
- Using a Wisdom elixir will make you gain Cooking Proficiency faster
- Using a Cooking Extract will make you gain Cooking Mastery faster
What do you mean I can burn my food?
The table below shows the types of successes you can get while cooking food.
|Result Type||Stat boost||Stats Example using Bara Brith|
|Normal||Success||Normal||+ 96 Dmg, +80 HP regen per tick|
|Exquisite||Critical Success||1.5 x Normal||+ 144 Dmg, +120 HP regen per tick|
|Perfected||Rare Success||2.0 x Normal||+192 Dmg, +160 HP regen per tick|
Where do I start cooking?Cooking takes place in the tavern. There are ovens in the kitchen that you will cook at.
Where do I get these ingredients?
|Grocer Ian Cresse||Price||Farm Goods Erin Wyse||Price||Import Goods Kiandra Morven||Price|
|King Bolete||26||Eggs||25||Dried Fruit||30|
|Rabbit Pie Recipe Book||1||25|
|Lamb Casserole Recipe||20||25|
|Roast Beef Recipe Book||30||50|
|Cheese Rarebit Recipe Book||40||50|
|Venison Stew Recipe Book||50||75|
|Cream of Pea Soup Recipe Soup||60||75|
|Black Pudding Recipe Book||70||100|
|Boar Roast Recipe Book||80||100|
|Cream of Carrot Soup Recipe Book||90||250|
|Spinach Pancake Recipe Book||100||250|
|Rare Fruit Salad Recipe Book||110||500|
|Granola Recipe Book||120||500|
|Warbeast Omelette Recipe Book||130||1000|
|Sweet Roll Recipe Book||140||1000|
|Wyvern Egg Souffle Recipe Book||150||2500|
|Bara Brith Recipe Book||160||2500|
What are special ingredients (extracts)?
- When you are cooking, there is a check box where you can add in a special ingredient called an Extract. This is to prevent your food from burning.
- When your food burns, you receive no experience or ability points from cooking it, and you cannot eat it.
- You buy special ingredients from the recipe trader Delia Dermont at the tavern bar
- Your recipes start out needed Garnet Extract, and as you get more difficult recipes the type of extract you need will increase. See your recipe for its requirements.
- Extracts DOUBLE the chance of creating exquisite food.
Are there any other cooking quests?
- Daily Cooking Quest - Ashley Marriott (in kitchen)
- You complete this quest by handing in exquisite food that is level appropriate.
- You get xp and a cooking cache for completing it.
- There is a rare chance at getting a cooking fashion token.
- Repeatable Cooking Quest - James Fallow (Tavern Bar)
- You complete this by handing in stacks of 5 regular food items.
- This food is from the recipes in the quest chain.
- You can repeat this as many times as you want, as often as you want.
- This is a good way to level up. You get 10 times the amount of xp as if you cooked one.
- Caviar (240 dex and pierce dmg)
- Pavlova (240 foc and all resists)
- Goose Liver (lvl 170; 240 vit and defence)
- And many more!
These bosses are located at:
- Culinarian Rajek - 190/5* - Infernal Armouries - Top North Mage room
- Culinarian Bifron - 200/5* - Alchemical Quarters - North fork of hallway outside Krothur
- Culinarian Forrus - 210/5* - Summoning Chambers - Top North Ironghast room
- Culinarian Zephar - 220/5* - Forbidden Halls - Left prong of forked trail at entrance, by chest.